Growing demand has made UAVs available to everyone from the part-time hobbyist to the tenured expert. SJS is a professional drone service company. We embrace that title of professionalism by implementing the following policies:
- Remain up-to-date on all certifications required to legally perform commercial UAV flights
- Consistently understand and comply to all federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintain appropriate insurances in the event of unintended issues arises during flights
- Require all pilots to complete 40 hours of recorded flight time before participating in any commercial flights
- Attend professional conferences and seminars associated with UAV application and safety
- Develop and maintain expertise with pre and post flight applications, including mission planning, video-editing, and image-processing software
MINIMIZING IMPACT IS OUR POLICY
SJS recognizes and empathizes with the periodic concerns where people believe that their rights to privacy or enjoyment of the outdoors are affected by the use of UAVs. Similarly, we are conscientious of the effects UAV use may have on natural environments and wildlife. We take these possible infringements on people, places, and wildlife seriously. We understand that the growing industry associated with UAV usage must work to ensure that these potential conflicts are mitigated as often as possible. At SJS, we implement a series of best flight practices specifically designed to minimize any unintended impacts of our projects. For every flight, our policy is to make our best effort to:
- Design all projects, flight paths, and schedules with explicit objectives to minimize any impacts to people, environments, or wildlife.
- Inform all affected parties of location, time, and expected duration of UAV use.
- Obtain written or verbal agreements by landowners or representatives before conducting flights over any privately-owned properties.
- Avoid flights at crowded locations or during busy times of day unless required, especially on publicly owned lands.
- Keep abreast of any information regarding impacts to wildlife species associated with UAV usages and takes steps to reduce those impacts.
- REFUSE to conduct projects where significant concern, stress, or impact to unwilling participants cannot be avoided.